Manage Incoming Connection Requests
Connections between Domains (Organisations) must be established in order to send or receive work (tasks) between the Domains.
A one-time connection request must be sent to you by an external organisation which must be accepted by a Domain Administrator within your Domain.
When accepting the relationship / connection request, as a Domain Administrator you must decide whichlevel of access to grant:
- Grant access for the external Domain to view and assign work to Roles and also individual Users
- Grant access for the external Domain to view and assign work to Roles only. They would not be able to view Individual Users
Note: Connections are one-way connections - accepting a connection request grants them access to assign tasks to your users or user roles, it does not grant your Domain access to send work to theirusers or user roles. For a 2 way connection, both Domains must send connection requests to each other.
Accept or Reject an Incoming Connection Request
Follow the steps below to review an incoming connection request:
- From the Admin menu and top right of the window, click General -> Connections
- The Connection Manager screen is displayed. Click the Incoming tab
- Any connection requests will be displayed. Click the Review button on the right side of the connection request
- Choose to allow the connection or reject the connection.
- If allowing the connection, select the level of access to grant
- Enter comments (required field)
- To confirm your identity, enter your password
- Finally, click the Review button
View Paired (Existing) Connections
The Paired Connections tab shows Domains that you are currently connected to. The Domain on the left has access / can view users/roles within the Domain on the right.
In the image below,
- Row 1: the 'Training Site' Domain can view 'SBS Digital' Roles/Users
- Row 2: the 'SBS Digital' Domain can view 'Training Site' Roles/Users
Viewing Rejected Connections
The Rejected Connection(s) tab shows connection requests that you have denied.