Hiding / Showing Tasks
Should your Task list grow to the point where you are struggling to identify the urgent tasks, you can use the "Grouped by" filter available at the left of the Task window.
- Click once on a toggle to hide all tasks of a specific priority type and click once again to show
The task page can be sorted in ascending and descending order (alphabetically / numerical depending on the data) by using the arrows displayed on the column header.
You can choose which columns to view on your task page by clicking on the table settings button at the top right
Filter by text
Use "Filter by text" to apply custom filters to your task list. The Filter by text box is available in the Task list. Enter any text or value to quickly filter by key details such as project numbers and task names.
Identifying the Task type
- Tasks assigned directly to you will show a icon
- Tasks assigned to a Role you belong to will show a
- If a task is overdue the line next to it will be red
- If a task is due in the next hour, the task line next to it will be orange
- If a task is due in the future the line next to it will be green
Common task types are as follows:
- A task: This is a task which just needs to be ticked off to be completed, it will show as the following icon in the task list:
- An asset upload task: This task requires the user to upload a file in order for the task to be completed, it will show as the following icon in the task list
- A Form data input task: The task requires the user to complete a form in order for the task to be completed, it will show as the following icon in the task list
- An approval / review task: This task requires the user to approve or review a document/asset for the task to be completed, it will show as the following icon in the task list
Adding a Note
In the task list a note can be added against the task by clicking on the speech bubble. The user can add their note and then click add note to save the note against the task
When a note has been added against a task the speech bubble icon changes to the following denoting how many notes have been added against this task
To view all notes that have been added or to add another note, click on the speech bubble to open up the notes window
Viewing the full Activity linked to a Task
In the task list there is a column called Activity. this is the Activity (workflow) relating to the task.
If the activity is a child it will also have a parent activity, this will be displayed in the parent Activity column, access to this will depend on how the workflow has been originally set up.
Note: A child activity refers to an activity that was launched/triggered as part of another Activity.
Clicking on the links will take you to the Activity page for that Activity.
'Take' a Task assigned to a Role
To Take a task assigned to a Role you belong to,
- Click the arrow on the left side of the Activity name from the task page
- then click Take it
Transfer a Task
If you have been assigned a Task that you are unable to complete, you can Transfer the Task to another user with the same Role as yourself.
- Click on the arrow on the left side of the Activity name from the task page
- Click Transfer to...
- Select a Role or a Contact to transfer the Task to
- Click Transfer and the task will be transferred to that Contact or Role