What's new in this release?
- Abort approvals early
- General performance improvements and bug fixes
This release will focus on making approvals easier to control.
It is part of a general improvements initiative following feedback from our customers, which will take place over the next few months and feature several changes around approval management, visibility and reporting.
Abort Approvals Early
Applies to Core & Pro Customers
This feature will allow in progress approvals to be cancelled at any time without all approvers being required to provide an approval verdict.
The feature is optional per customer, but will be switched on by default. Please notify the helpdesk on email@example.com if you require this feature to be disabled.
Users with Work Scheduler or above privileges, or users who an named as 'accountable' for an activity will have the capability to abort an approval at any point before it's completion from the task page.
An 'X' symbol will be displayed next to the running approval task.
Users will be able to select the reason they are aborting the approval and optionally to notify other pending approvers in the workflow that the approval abortion has taken place.
The abort approval option will also be available from the Online Approval Tool via the secondary menu options.
The following bugs have been resolved in this update:
- Additional logic added to the workflow processor to prevent race conditions which may result in duplicate workflows being created via SAP MDG.
- Resolved issue which caused an Error 500 message to be displayed when cancelling workflows containing a Brief or Commercial approval task.
- Updated the load logic on the Multiform page so that each form instances is loaded individually preventing issues with page load where a high volume of child workflows exists.
- Fix to prevent already selected categories returning results in the Content Hub
- Updated the database design for the Content Hub to remove variation categories