This new feature in Sunrise allows users with the correct permissions to 'bypass' contacts in approvals. This will skip the approval onto the next contact who needs to review it and the contact will no longer need to complete their task. There are a few conditions that must apply for a contact to be bypassed:
- The 'Bypass Approvals' feature is switched on for your domain.
- The contact or role is marked as ‘bypassable’ in the workflow template.
- The approval step must be ‘running’ before the contact in the approval can be bypassed.
Our Professional Services team will discuss with our client base if the feature will be switched on and if so which contacts and roles they would like to be marked as 'bypassable' in the templates.
When the feature is enabled from the Tasks tab in the Activity Summary you will see an additional option in the Actions '...' menu:
Each contact that is marked 'bypassable' in the template will have the below option 'Bypass Assignee':
Once a contact has been bypassed, you can see this in 2 places, the Tasks tab for the activity and the Approval History page for the asset:
You will be able to see who bypassed the contact and when they did it:
'Approvals I Manage' widget enhancements
To improve navigation throughout Sunrise we have added some hyperlinks in the 'Approvals I Manage Details' screen accessed via the homepage widget of the same name.
The Task Name in the below table now links you directly to the running online approval to view any annotations or verdicts that have been given so far. The Asset Name is now also a direct link into the Asset where you can quickly navigate through the tabs to retrieve any further details you need:
Further enhancement to the transfer tasks page where tasks are moved en masse. You can now filter using the 'Parent Activity' name so that you can easily view and transfer all items on one project:
When uploading an asset in Sunrise that applies to multiple tasks we now have a 'Select All' tickbox so you can easily upload the asset to the entire list of applicable tasks, removing the need to click everything in the list one by one:
- Fixed bug where selecting assets from a library causes timeouts when selecting from a large library.
- Fixed bug where the 'Compare Assets' button was not working when using via the 'Revisions' tab.
- UI fix where closing the sidebar left the banner exposed even when collapsed.
- Fixed bug where role pickers did not show default values when these were set in the template.
- Fixed bug where contact picker loaded invalid users even after filtering was applied.